Friday, August 08, 2008

I'm going to see half of - Cajun Dance Party


So Santogold and all her female warrior glory will probably absorb much of my attention, such that I am going to miss half of Cajun Dance Party's set. But I've been impressed with their freshmen effort The Colourful Life, such that they warrant me running like a madman over to their stage, at least to catch the last few tracks.

What makes CDP better than your average indie band? I like the vocalist - he doesn't sound pretentious, has a good voice with a decent mix of emotion and indifference. Plus they have beautiful, edgy guitars.

Cajun are hardly "lesser known" themselves - having played Glastonbury last year, and in April '07 had an NME "Track of the Week" in their first single The Next Untouchable. Nice to see the accolades coming in - provided they don't go and get a pop following. Man, I'm cliquey.

Here's Amylase, the other single of theirs I'm rather fond of.

No comments: