Thursday, March 12, 2009

Summer Sonic: Second Announcement

Fuji Rock-Summer Sonic 09
Summer Sonic has put out their second announcement for those who subscribe (at a cost) to their mobile announcements. Luckily the folks over at mixi.jp (Japanese Facebook) have posted what appears to be a mostly complete listing:

Kasabian
Elvis Costello
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
Mastodon
Phoenix
Tahiti 80
The Ting Tings
Tom Tom Club
All American Rejects
The Big Pink
Gogol Bordello
Iglu&Hartly
Never Shout Never
The Qemists
School of Seven Bells
Tame Impala
The Temper Trap
The Veronicas

So what is one to make of this? Some new faces (Mastodon, The Qemists), some from a ways back (Phoenix), some major regulars (Kasabian, All American Rejects), and then The freakin' Veronicas.

Much as I like Phoenix's new single (Lisztomania), it doesn't grab me like their really old stuff - and I'm sure The Qemists will be back seeing as they just played Triangle in the weekend (I missed it - couldn't pull 3 nights in a row sadly). So it's all a bit "meh". I expect more, Summer Sonic.

Am I missing something? Am I a bit too picky with my opinion on the line-up? Would you shell out \14,000/day (280NZD, based on today's exchange rate) for this?

1 comment:

His Whoreness said...

No, no I wouldn't.