Monday, May 14, 2007

Ass kicked by a girl

Today I went shopping at Chinese Walmart. But we'll come back to that later. I don't know how much I could write, seeing as all my muscles feel like jelly.

I received the first paid massage of my life this evening. At this hotel, for about 10 bucks a lady will come to your room and beat the crap out of you, for a whole hour. Sounds like a sordid affair, but I assure you, there was nothing personal about it. Unless you consider the mutilation of my back, shoulders and feet personal.
I don't really have a lot to go on, seeing as I've never had a massage in any other country, but I'd have to say it was fairly severe. I'm not complaining - it was great, but in that kind of "I don't know if I could go through that again for a bit" kind of way. I never knew a woman who looks as harmless as that (she was probably half my height, I wanted to take her photo to show you but she refused) could do so much damage with merely her thumbs and forearms. That's not to forget when she stood on my feet. I think I drew blood when I bit my lip.

Hats off to the lass though - my feet were cramping like hell from walking all day, but they feel good as new now. So despite the cringe factor, I'd have to say it was well worth it. Just not every day. It's a bit lowering to your self esteem to have a lady come to your room, take your money and leave you in pain too often.

In other news, I watched the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie last night. Cool as shit. Sure, its cheesy, and certainly not high on the plot level, but what I love the most is it didn't really feel like they were trying to "reinvent" it for the now-grown-up fans of the original. It's about the kids, and if I was 8 years old I think I'd fall in love with it all over again. It's not about how intricate the plot twists are, it's all about what Raphael has to say next (he does more talking than fighting), or how thick-headed Michaelangelo is. And the CG animation only makes it cooler. Cowabunga.

No comments: