Sunday, June 21, 2009

Dubstep Rude? Very.



Warning: This post rinsed it out hard Friday night.

Caspa made his Japan debut @ Noon in Osaka last Friday, and though the crowd was a bit thin (half the crew I know weren't even in the city - well done guys), the guy still pulled out a set bulging with bass, turning the club inside out.

Chatting to Gary (Caspa) on the night, despite my intoxicated state I did manage to get a few coherent questions out about how he was enjoying the scene. He said tho Japan was small he was impressed with the committment here, and though he loved making tracks, there's nothing like bringing it to the masses.
And bring he did.

Jah Works Sound Systems in Sakai brought out a sound system so large that I struggle to think how they got it through the door. Come Sunday I'm still feeling the buzz in my ears - and on the night I remember feeling the cartilage in my nose vibrate. Madness.

The lack of art from the night is on account of me forgetting my memory card, and being too Jagered up to get anyone's addy for their pics. Still, here's the promo mix Caspa dished out on the night. Short but sweet and...dutty.

Edit: Toshi sent me a few pics including this mint one of Caspa on the decks. Big ups!

No comments: