Monday, April 28, 2008

Lists - Things I'm Looking Forward To

Umeda in Osaka. Despite its appearance,
this air is cleaner than Southern China.

Disclaimer: This post alludes to impatience.

In three days I'll be leaving China at the end of a 2 month stint, nursing the birth of two new products we have been making (and that I hope to write a post on eventually). While it's been fun, the work has been entertaining, the time flown and the money been lucrative, I must admit, I gotta get outta here.

The destination is back home to Japan, with plenty to look forward to despite Mio being in Cali (and apparently enjoying herself immensely here). Here's a list of stuff I look forward to back "home".

1. Mates, esp. being reunited with the Indian, Dildo and Daddy's Little Girl in Morioka! (Sounds raunchy)

2. Gigs - I missed Modest Mouse and Biffy Clyro in April, which I cannot forgive myself for. Thank God for Midnight Juggernaughts in May, Simian Mobile Disco in June and hopefully many more to come.

3. The air - who would have thought I'd ever say Osaka air was "refreshing"?

4. The food, and actually getting some fibre in my diet (the last few weeks have been better, but still bad...)

5. Exercise! Cycling to work, dancing my drunk ass off and playing futsal when I manage to wake up on a Saturday (which isn't often...)

6. People who say sorry when you run into them, rather than grunt when they run into you

7. Sushi! - yeah its food, but extra special food...

8. Getting to work at 8.30 and leaving around 7 (instead of 8 til 8 with a 90 min lunch, during which I can do nothing)

9. Faster internet (yes, yes yes!)

10. Movies - proper ones on the big screen instead of cam-dvds or downloading them months later

Doesn't seem very exciting, but put all that together, and you get one very excited me.

4 comments:

Jen said...

What about looking forward to seeing your friends Jen and Joe when they arrive next week??? Huh?? We get to Osaka at 5pm on Saturday 10th May :D I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!

Anonymous said...

No.4と7にめっちゃ賛成♪♪

てかSimian Mobile Disco日本に来るん~!?!?!
Damn wish I could go to the gig with you...
No, you should've come to Coachella with me!!

てか、are you going to Morioka?? To see Angelo over there?? Say hi to him for me :D

Anonymous said...

To Jen!

Hi it's Mio, you remember me??
Haven't seen you for ages since you invited us to your flatwarming... how's life treating you there in Wellington?

Anyways, you're coming to Japan, right? That's awesome!! I wish I could see you guys there as well but unfortunately I can't, because I'm studying in San Diego at the moment. But hope you guys like it and have a great time there :D

Looking forward to seeing you again one day.
Have a safe trip!

Kisses <3 Mio

Anonymous said...

*waits patiently for another blog post and for Jesus' love....*