Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Crabistmas

I was a bit lonely this Christmas, despite being all over the show. I think I mentioned it in a previous post, so I won't carp on.

After a phonecall with my whanau in the morning and some present opening via webcam, I made a cameo appearance at work in the afternoon. After all, Jesus didn't ever make his way over to Japan, so his birth's not a national holiday.

Just when I thought I was destined to go home and be bored for the rest of the evening, Yukiko gave me a call to say I should come out with them for dinner. For those of you playing the home game, Yukiko is an English teacher who I helped last year, and subsequent hangings-out with the family has turned them into my home-away-from-home in Osaka.

So, what was Christmas dinner? Ham? Turkey? Pasta? No. It was crab. I kinda felt Jewish. Though it was good crab.



No comments: