Sunday, May 25, 2008

Bizarro


Warning: This post wants you to buy stuff.

So a friend has approached me to try to find this guy a sales market in Japan.
Dan Piraro has apparently been writing Bizarro comics for 22 years. That's over 10,000 panels. His manager tells me he's read all of them. "It takes a while."

His strip appears in newspapers across the world. It's quite entertaining. Certainly beats the printed crap out of Hagar the Horrible.

I can see Bizarro t-shirts being popular (Japanese love random shirts as much as the next person), and posters and that might work, but we'll see. Village/Vanguard's "Exciting Book Store" might be keen. They lap that stuff up.

If it works my goal is to get Randall at xkcd.com to get me to market his raptor shirts. Then I can retire happy.

1 comment:

Dee said...

Ohhh... Marketing. You are speaking my language now. Good luck, not that I think you will need luck.