Sunday, June 10, 2007

Quotes from birthday mails

...your cunningness in moving to china means your birthday is actually 28 hours long (I think). And that means I feel kinda ripped off coz not only was mine normal length but all I got was this lousy T-shirt.... Wouldn't that be strange? If we printed T-shirts that said all of ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ that? I think they'd fly off the shelves. Not literally fly, of course, we're not in Finland! Not anymore!
~No, indeed we are not. But who could forget those fajitas.

There's not a lot of interesting stuff you can write about birthdays anymore. You already got your presents and I'm stumped if I have any idea of how to get any more to you nowadays. Seems you've removed yourself from the known face of the postal-planet as far as I'm concerned. At least that was my excuse for not getting up and wandering around figuring out what to get you.

~You're off the hook. I don't think that excuse would get you out of paying a speeding ticket though, so you'll have to show a little cleavage if you ever get stopped.

Your father took off for a month overseas when you were 6 months old, this coincided with the extension finished and your new bedroom next door to ours ready for you. And that was the start of your life, 23 years later with 2 brothers and 1 sister, a few cats, mice, rats, fish, girlfriends and of course the old parents, you are being fashioned into the man you are now. These years for you are supposed to be good years though I know sometimes you do things that are maybe not so much fun on the way to something that should be great. At least you have family and friends who love you even though we cannot be with you on this day.

~Father took off eh? That's probably why I'm such a mummy's boy. That, and who wouldn't be, with a mum like you?

Vanilla Bear...
Today is the first day of another 365 day journey around the sun. Hope you enjoy the ride =)
I wish you health, wealth and happiness ! (but in the order of: health, happiness, wealth). It just doesn't sound as good when you say it though =)
Have a wicked awesome day. Miss ya loads !
~Miss you too Mocha Bear. Glad to hear you think the earth revolving around the sun revolves around my birthday. You and me both☆

Tim今日たんじょーびじゃん♪おめでと~ (。・x・)ゝ
23だったよね♪ 良い年になりますよーに!!
~ありがとうちゃん~23歳やけど、絶対まだおっさんじゃないよ!「親父ギャグ」大好きけどね☆

Happy birthday, sweetness, I hope you have an excellent day. You're old like us now! Get your workmates to shout you booze.
~Ta lady - day was OK, but I'm hoping for a better average over the course of the year ;) PS. I'm not old like you, I'm young like me. Suspiciously, exactly like me. Hmmm.

Today is the day you become the grand age of twenty-three (and it's also the national holiday of Sweden), with grand being the first part of grandparent. Or grandfather. Or grandmother. I remember when grandmother was a huge word in spelling tests - that and wheelbarrow. But you're not a wheelbarrow. Nor a grand-anything, unless you mean a grand person! See, I always find a way to flatter someone.
~Your mail was my favourite. If your mail was a friend, it would be the kind that took me out for a picnic and then opened the basket to find lemurs inside, and then we would all take polaroids and stick them on bus windows. It would be the best day ever!


~You always go to great lengths for people's birthdays, but I think here you outdid yourself. I haven't had a car cake since my 8th birthday! Score!

Thanks guys, I really appreciate yous ;) And to everyone else who got in touch with me. A waitress in our hotel was really excited about being on time to say Happy Birthday to me today, and I felt a bit bad about having to tell her that she'd mistaken the other 6 for a 9...still nice though. I think I'll buy her peroxide for her birthday.

2 comments:

kiwigirlnextdoor said...

Sorry about my lack of birthday wishes. It would have paled in comparisson to the ones you have posted on here anyway. If it means anything Happy Belated Birthday - mayb I can blame the time difference... Melissa x

djbigted said...

Meh - I missed your birthday too, I think. Call us even. Hope you're bigging it up wherever you are, sheep girl!