Monday, March 01, 2010

Death by (Feb) Mixtape


Image: artandwit.lifeofpoet.com

Warning: This blog is quickly becoming a monthly event and not much else.

So I haven't really been blogging on here lately, bar to update with the latest mixtape I've compiled. Part of it is laziness, part of it is using other outlets for my sociability (Facebook being a big one), and the other part of it is also laziness.
But I haven't given up on the monthly mixion, so there's still cause to update.

I got overloaded with good tunes over the last month or so, so had a big problem finding the right selection for this mix. Lots of dubstep and drumnbass coming through the door, but I still prioritise the old electro (I'm not a very good dub compiler).
One artist who features heavily this month is Drop The Lime - Luca from the west coast in the states has a handful of absolute bangers out, and really making a name for himself. I've been a fan since his remix of Curses What I Need a while back. Since then his tracks have got a lot more dancefloor savvy, and he's really turning into hot property. I've been trying to get him over to Japan, which hasn't been easy due to his busy schedule, but we'll get there. For now enjoy the 3 offerings of his up in the mix.

Danger's track 04h18 is the first track I've used in two consecutive mixes (not including the 09 collection last December), and this is because I didn't think I did it justice in Jan. Absolute classic that I hope to hear lots of club-time on.

The last transition (Dada Life into Major Lazer) is very bootleg, but I had fun with it.

Anyway, check out the Feb mix on Soundcloud:
Big Ted's Feb Electro by BigTed
(or on mediafire (Permanent Link)

Tracklist
1. Danger - 04h18 (w/ Transmission acapella)
2. Boys Noize - Transmission (DJ Djedjotronic Remix)
3. Ocelot - Our Time (Bird Peterson Remix)
4. No1else - Up Ravers
5. Dan The Automator - Rapper's Delight (TEPR Remix)
6. French Fries - Predador
7. Rye Rye - Bang (Addeboy vs. Cliff Remix)
8. Mustard Pimp - Cherry (feat. Kali)
9. Martin Solvieg feat. Dragonette - Boys & Girls (Laidback Luke Remix)
10. Boy 8-Bit - Baltic Pine (Run Hide Survive Remix)
11. Drop The Lime - Devil's Eyes (Diplo's B-Live Mix)
12. Major Lazer - When You Hear The Bassline (Tony Senghore Remix)
13. M.A.N.D.Y. & Booka Shade - Donut (Boy 8-Bit Remix)
14. So Shifty - Wine
15. Kid Cola - Kappa Kappa (Last Japan Remix)
16. Buraka Som Sistema - Kalemba (Wegue Wegue) [Reso's Aguardente Remix]
17. Blatta & Inesha - Bite Your Lip (Deathface Remix)
18. Drop The Lime - Doomsday Device
19. Drop The Lime - Set Me Free
20. Dada Life - Let's Get Bleeped Tonight (Mustard Pimp Remix)
21. Major Lazer - Keep It Going Louder (Diplo Remix)

It's over!

No comments: