Sunday, March 30, 2008

Incommunicado

Disclaimer: We now interrupt this long period without posting to give you uninterrupted China.

And I was on such a good roll. Regular posting on my blog, 10 hits or more a day (albeit many of the non-regular viewers are finding my blog off Google searches for "how to fire a machine gun"). But then what had to happen? I had to come to China. Of all the places.
China is not Google's friend. Blogger is inaccessible without a proxy server, and good random ones are hard to come by (I tend to find the most success with pretending to be from Argentina). Plus uploading vids in China is near impossible, with virginal bandwidth (is that a bit coarse?). Finally to make matters completely dire, China recently banned youtube for a considerable time, not-so-discreetly in time with the Tibetan protests. Hmmm. Even a proxy wouldn't get through that mess. I refuse to comment. Well, maybe later.

Even had I time to post, we've been absolutely consumed by Pikachu and his cute friends. Again, that's a post for another time, but let me just say that Nintendo, though a very interesting company to work with, can be awfully bureaucratic at times.

Firstly, after such a long time off, I must say gracias and salut to mi amigo David, who unwittingly doubled the hits on my blog over the course of a weekend. As I mentioned in a previous post, David has something of a following in the Spanish blogging world for his insightful and educational comments about life in Japan and the Kansai region. Even if you don't speak Espanol, his blog is good for pics from Japan, and occasionally some videos to boot. No out-of-focus neglected bicycles, however. Don't get your hopes up.
Anyway, David gave me a blogging high-five when he linked me the other day, on a post that was about none of than...my girlfriend. "Eh?" you may well think, and when I say it was a post on White Day, Japan's second half of a two part Valentines they do, that "eh?" may well repeat itself. You're probably making the same face that Americans did when I told them I was staying in Las Vegas with someone who I met "on the internet" (ie. couch-surfing).
It is indeed funny. But I don't mind - he's a good bloke (well, as far as I can tell). Mio modelled for him last year, and he got some pretty good shots actually. You can check them out here (or if that doesn't work, just click his name above and scroll down to 14th Marzo).

David's brief mention that his cute model happened to be my object of affection caused hundreds of Latinos and Spanish to pop over here and check me out. Not many stayed (fair enough, I don't write in Espanol, nor much about Japon), but it was enough to make Spain the country with the most viewers of Machine Gun Salaryman. Ironic huh? Kinda like when somethingawful.com posted a link to a voraphilia site. That many people viewed something they didn't necessarily want to since Meg Ryan's boobs in In The Cut.

In case you were wondering, the top 5 countries viewing my blog are:
1. Spain (by almost double)
2. Japan
3. New Zealand (Kia Ora!)
4. United States
5. Mexico (thanks again, David...)
(there is also someone from Mauritius who stumbled on here. Neat!)

I was going to put up pics of China, but instead I'll wait til another post, seeing as this one is getting lengthy. I'll leave you with the top 10 most played tracks on my iPod, for general pulp interest.

1. Sexual Sportswear (SebastiAn Remix) - Sebastian Tellier
2. Beautiful Burnout - Underworld
3. The Boy Who Ran Away (Riton Extended Dub) - The Mystery Jets
4. I Choose Noise - Hybrid
5. What's Your Damage? (Digitalism Remix) - Test Icicles
6. 14h54 - Danger
7. The Fallen (ruined by Jus†ice) - Franz Ferdinand
8. H.A.L. - SebastiAn
9. 1967 Aww Shit - Steve Aoki & Junkie XL
10. My People - The Presets
...huh. Don't think I could have picked any of those. Would have said this was in there.

6 comments:

His Whoreness said...

What? Top 10 most-played tracks this week or since... well, forever?

djbigted said...

Since I got my 160GB pod as a free replacement for my 80GB one that conked out after 5 months.

This week, I could probably safely say the tracks would be
1. Magic Doors - Portishead
2. Testarossa Autodrive - Kavinsky
3. Living is a Problem Because Everything Dies - Biffy Clyro
4. Face (Switch Remix) - The Black Ghosts
5. Sanctuary - Fred Falke (!!)
6. Dead Skin - G.L.O.V.E.S.
7. Facing That - M83
8. Zdarlight (Bag Raider's Shout It All Out Mix) - Digitalism
9. La Musique - Riot in Belgium
10. Charlie Brown (Gun's N Bombs Remix) - Ghostface Killah

...in no particular order.

His Whoreness said...

My, a lot of those tracks seem eerily... familiar

Anonymous said...

AHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
ティモシーさんのアホーーー!!!!!!

Don't put the link here coz I don't look cute in the photos he put on his blog :( :( :(


っていうかlong time no see, by the way :D

Anonymous said...

あっ言い忘れたけどさー、上にある"most anticipated movie of 2008"の投票が終わるまで3626日って長すぎちゃう?なんかおかしくなってるんちゃうんー??

thepinknightmare- said...

:D OMG MIO IS PRETTY! :D SHE'S A GOOD MODEL.